P.E. and School Sport Funding
Use of Primary School Sports Funding at Mitton Manor Primary School:
The government has provided ring fenced funding to improve the provision of PE and sport in primary schools. The money has provided by the Departments of Health, Education and Culture, Media and Sport.
At Mitton Manor Primary School, we aim to:
Improve the quality of teaching and learning
Increase opportunities for extra-curricular activities Increase opportunities for competition
Improve activity levels
Improve subject knowledge in primary PE
Develop assessment of skills
Increase children’s physical activity time
Achieving the balance - participation v performance
To meet the Sports Premium criteria
How will we meet our aims?
· Specialist coaches will be brought in for areas of the curriculum which will be identified in consultation with parents, teachers and pupils to meet the needs the PE curriculum.
· Resources will be purchased to help implement the new areas of the PE curriculum.
· A specific area on the school’s website dedicated to pupil led reports about the schools sporting activities.
· A review of the school’s vision statement to include reference to physical well-being.
· To consult with pupils, parents and staff regarding their opinion on the direction Physical Education at Mitton Manor should take.
· Intra school (House) competitions will be introduced across the school to increase exposure to competitive sport. Inter school opportunities will be more closely monitored.
What are our expected outcomes?
· Physical activity and well-being are at the heart of the school’s vision.
· Planned investment leads to sustained improvements to the teaching of PE across the school.
· The development and implementation of a varied, stimulating, inclusive and highly effective PE curriculum which responds to the wishes of all interested parties.
· The school is well resourced to provide physical education for all pupils.
· The pupils’ exposure to competitive sport is greatly increased.
· Everyone who is involved with the school is well informed as to the sporting progress made by the pupils.
Information regarding P.E. and School Sports Funding is found below
These documents are in PDF format. You need a free Adobe Acrobat Reader to read these files
|Filename||Date & Time|